Here is our standard job description for those interested.
Sr. Web Application Developer – ColdFusion
eCivis, a known leader in providing web-based applications solutions to local governments (software as a service) is seeking an advanced-level programmer who lives to push ColdFusion and object-oriented web development to the edge. If you are interested in working with leading-edge frameworks and combining new technologies with solid development practices, we want to talk to you. Join our unique, market-leading information and technology firm as part of an excellent development team building innovative web-based enterprise applications. Learn more about us at http://www.ecivis.com.
The Web Developer / Technical Lead will drive the direction of the company’s technology solutions, define and implement best practices and build lean, powerful and extensible functionality. This position offers significant responsibility and growth potential.
• Assist in the design and development of object-oriented web applications based upon best practices.
• Ensure proper operation and intelligent enhancements of existing web-based products and services.
• Ensure development consistency and strive for continued development innovation.
• Maintain best practices to meet department goals and assist in adapting the department to future changes in technology.
• Help assess risk related to technology and resources, and assists in minimizing that risk.
Ideal candidate should possess:
• 3+ years developing complex ColdFusion applications
• Applied knowledge of Object Oriented ColdFusion MX architecture and ColdFusion Components (CFCs)
• Knowledge of Mach II, Model Glue and other OO Frameworks
• Understanding of XML structure and Design Patterns
• Experience with SQL Server, Stored Procedures and Indexes
• Solid communication skills
• Demonstrated skill for documenting development
• Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products
• Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
• Macromedia Certified ColdFusion developer
• Product Development Experience
• CVS and/or Subversion Experience
• Understanding of Network Infrastructure in a web development environment
If you meet these qualifications, we invite you to submit a resume’ and cover letter, including a complete salary history via e-mail: technology <at> ecivis.com or fax: 626-578-6632. Please no phone calls or postal mail. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.