Here is another Lousy ColdFusion Job Posting. This one is special. Why? Because its for a Software Development Manager (ColdFusion) from Dice.com.
As a posting for a Software Development Manager, you (the recruiting company) should have to work hard to define a job posting that is both enticing and engaging.
Looking at the job posting below, one is left with more questions than answers.
What do they mean by “multiple years”? Is that 3 years, or a dozen? Hands on experience: at a basic level, or must he/she be an expert developer?
Of course, we have the usual complaints: No information about the company, the types of apps being built, the size of the team, etc. What is the manager supposed to manage?
What they are trying to do is hook someone so that they call in or send their resume. In my experience, 99% of the recruiters would not have answers to any of the above questions if you did contact them. So what are they doing? Is this a type of “job phishing”? Is it a “mandatory” listing so that in reality they can give the job to someone they already know (a typical case)?
Maybe I’ll work on coming up with a set or rules and guidelines for hiring ColdFusion Developers and Managers/Architects. Think this would be worthwhile?
- Software Development Manager (ColdFusion)
- ColdFusion, SDLC
- Los Angeles, CA
- Area code:
- Tax term:
- Pay rate:
- Position ID:
- Dice ID:
- Job description:
- Excellent company in the Los Angeles, CA area is looking for a permanent Software Development Manager. Qualified candidates should have:
* Multiple years of experience leading teams through the full SDLC (should have lead teams with at least 5 direct reports).
* Experience leading teams working with ColdFusion applications.
* Hands-on background in ColdFusion is a plus.
* Four year degree is preferred.
- Travel required: